Already a well respected figure in the planning and building industry, Irving founded Verticon LTD with his brother Alan in 1993. Prior to Verticon, Irving and Alan were managing partners at the family firm, Zuckerman Contracting. Irving’s years of devotion to the communities in and around the Hudson Valley have made him a valuable asset to corporate clients looking to improve a facility or achieve occupancy of a site that is well suited for their project.
Irving began his career serving in the Army during the Vietnam War as a Military Police Officer. He returned home from service and began the first phase of his construction and real estate career working as a property manager for a family owned apartment complex. From there, he gained experience as marketing manager and construction coordinator for another family owned residential complex before crossing over to the corporate side as a managing partner of Westgate Goshen Business Park. It was during this time that he served as a liaison to state and local agencies, a role that has served past, present and future clients of Verticon LTD well.
Currently, Irving participates in the office and field administration as well as the firm’s sales and marketing program. In addition to those duties, he participates in all phases of general contracting, project management and real estate consulting. Because safety is a top priority at Verticon, one of his most important roles is administering the corporate safety program with its certified safety consultant.
In 1993 Alan founded Verticon LTD with his brother Irving. Prior to Verticon, Alan and Irving were managing partners at the family firm, Zuckerman Contractors. Since 1973, Alan’s years of devotion to the communities in and around the Mid-Hudson Valley have made him a respected resource to the region’s top planners, as well as several economic development organizations.
Alan has worked hands-on in every aspect of the construction industry from project conception all the way through to Certificate of Occupancy. His extensive experience in the areas of deal structure, transaction analysis and banking presentations during the pre-construction phase, have been the foundation that clients lean on during the sometimes daunting process of pre-construction.
Currently, Alan is very involved in the construction management and general construction projects as well as the firm’s pre-eminent estimating team and value engineering services. In addition to those duties, he is responsible for updating the estimating and project management team on the use of Verticon’s project management systems so that all field superintendents are continually in the loop. Along with the estimating team, his most important role is providing conceptual and preliminary cost studies for clients, which has become a strength of Verticon Construction Services.
Irving’s Community Involvement:
- The Alliance for Balanced Growth – Member (Former Chair)
- Orange County Planning Board – Vice-Chairman
- Inspire Alternatives – Board Member
- Rockland Business Association – Board Member
- Council of Industry
- Orange County Land Trust – Board Member
- Real Estate Council of Rockland Economic Development Corporation – Select Member
- Food and Beverage Alliance of HV Economic Development Corporation – Member
- Pike County, PA Economic Development Authority – Member
- Duchess County Economic Development External Marketing Council – Member
- Elant Foundation – Founding Chairman
Alan’s Community Involvement
- Sullivan County Partnership – Board of Directors
- Sullivan County Shovel-Ready Site Committee – Chairman
- Rockland Business Association – Member
- Council of Industry
- Alliance for Balanced Growth – Member
- Apollo Task Force of Sullivan County – Active Member
- Associated General Contractors of NY – Former Member
- US Building Council – Member
- Manufacturers Association of the Hudson Valley – Member